Founded in 1948 by Robert Seltzer Sr. in Orwigsburg, PA, The Seltzer Group began to make its mark in Schuylkill County by providing home, auto, farm and small business insurance policies. Over the past 70 years, we have continuously evolved into the organization we are today, and are proud of the strides we’ve made which include:
- Growing from one location in Schuylkill County with 6 employees to 50 employees spread out at seven locations across northeastern Pennsylvania.
- Starting a risk management company, East Coast Risk Management, that allows us to better serve our clients. Over the past 11 years that company has grown from 2 employees to over 50 and has expanded to 7 states.
- Being a founding member and owner of The Keystone Insurers Group. KIG is the third largest independent agent group in the United States. Being part of The Keystone Insurers Group allows us to offer specialized programs to a large variety of industries, more leverage with insurance companies and superior access to the marketplace.
- Remaining committed to our employees, our clients and our community. To us, it is of the utmost importance that we remain an independent, locally owned and operated company. We serve with integrity and we will always put the needs our clients first.
When we are not serving our clients, we devote much time and funding to many local initiatives and nonprofit organizations which include:
- We have a group of approximately 5 individuals who volunteer annually at the North Schuylkill Spartan Games. We also donate substantial funding to continue this fantastic initiative going
- Our organization is a long-time supporter of Hillside SPCA in Pottsville, following in the footsteps of our late friend, Bob Seltzer
- We participate in various programs for local children which includes: adopting a classroom and providing coats for children through Community Services for Children and The Little Drummer Boy Project through Child Development Services.
- We provide Christmas gifts for local children in need
- We started a golf tournament in 1998 to benefit special needs individuals. With the generous participation by our partners and clients, we have been able to raise and donate over $100,000 to the local Special Olympics program
With every initiative we encounter, the entire team at The Seltzer Group demonstrates and holds in high regards our Seltzer Strong Values, and we could not be prouder.