St. Lukes University Health Network
OUR FOOTPRINT IN THE REGION
St. Luke’s University Health Network (SLUHN) is a non-profit, regional, fully integrated, nationally recognized network providing services at seven hospitals and more than 200 sites, primarily in Lehigh, Northampton, Carbon, Schuylkill, Bucks, Montgomery, Berks and Monroe counties in Pennsylvania and in Warren County, New Jersey.
The mission of St. Luke's University Health Network is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured, educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
The mission will be accomplished by the following:
- Making the patient our highest priority.
- Promoting healthy lifestyles and continuously improving care provided to heal the sick and injured.
- Coordinating and integrating services into a seamless, easily accessible system of care.
- Improving the level of service provided throughout the Network.
- Ensuring all health care services are relevant to the needs of the community.
- Striving to maximize the satisfaction of our patients, employees, medical staff and volunteers, and
- Training allied health professionals, nursing and medical students, and residents and fellows and attracting them to practice within our Network's service area.
In comparison to national benchmarks, St. Luke's will:
- Achieve top decile performance in quality and safety measures,
- Provide exceptional service, and
- Be perceived as EASY to use by all who access or provide our services.
St. Luke's University Health Network is guided by the following values:
Pride – We take pride in our accomplishments and in our organization.
Caring – We show consideration for others and their feelings. We treat others as we want to be treated.
Respect – We recognize the value, diversity and importance of each other, those we serve and the organization.
Accountability – We are responsible to make decisions and solve problems in a timely and effective manner.
Flexibility – We adapt to the changing needs and expectations of those we serve.
Teamwork – We work together to improve quality.
Our Strategic Focus:
People and Relationships
- Physicians, Employees and Volunteers -- our most important assets
- We will be the "employer of choice"
- Continue to simplify management structure
- Promote efficiency and effectiveness
- Transparent, accountable management
- Ongoing adherence to our Management Philosophy
- Focus on clinical process improvements using national benchmarks and appropriately share the outcomes of our ongoing focus on quality
- Perform in the top decile in national pay-for-performance programs
- Perform in the top decile in Thomson criteria for cost-effective management
- Continue to be region's low-cost tertiary hospital