Meet the early registration deadline of July 1 to receive a $200 tuition discount and top priority for scheduling an interview. Final deadline for applications for the Class of 2019 is October 14, 2018.
Students from Schuylkill County and the surrounding region may download and submit the Student Application to the Schuylkill Chamber of Commerce by EMAIL: yea(at)schuylkillchamber.com, FAX: 570.622.1638, or MAIL: 1 Progress Circle, Suite 201, Pottsville, PA 17901. Copies of the application are also available at the Schuylkill Chamber office. An interview will be scheduled for each YEA! student candidate upon receipt of the student’s written responses, and payment of the $10 application fee. After the interview, students will be notified of their status as Accepted, Not Accepted, or Wait-listed. The maximum class size is 24. Enrollment is made on a rolling basis with the final deadline for submitting a complete application in mid October.
Tuition is $495. The business community offers generous scholarships to candidates with a passion to learn about business and become an entrepreneur. Students and guardians may download and submit the Scholarship Application to be considered for tuition assistance based on merit and/or need. Information about income must be submitted for need-based scholarships and will be kept confidential. Merit scholarships are awarded to students showing passion and a strong interest in entrepreneurial learning.
Orientation for students and guardians will be held in October.
Classes begin at the end of October and are held on Tuesdays from 5:30pm to 8:30pm at our host site Penn State Schuylkill, 200 University Drive, Schuylkill Haven, PA 17972. Exceptions to the schedule are made for special classes, field trips, and events. The YEA! program has had good success working within the confines of busy students who are also active in other clubs, sports and activities. Feel free to contact us to discuss the schedule.
For more information, contact us by email at YEA(at)SchuylkillChamber.com or call 570.622.1942. We are happy to offer assistance with the application and scholarship forms, and will gladly answer your questions.
We are more than excited to spark the spirit of entrepreneurship in our county’s students! If you would like to nominate a student, contact us by email or phone.
We are teaching students how to make a job, not just take a job.
YEA! Schuylkill Program
· SESSION 1: THE BIG IDEA – The program kicks off with a pizza party. The students learn about entrepreneurship and formulate ideas for their own businesses and social movements.
· SESSION 2: THE PITCH – Each student business will write a professional business plan, a PowerPoint presentation with associated speech cards. A one-on-one mentor will be assigned to each business for guidance. Student businesses will also develop their professional logo with the help of graphic designers.
· CEO ROUND TABLE EVENT – The YEA! Class of students will have the opportunity to turn the table and ask the questions of high ranking business professionals and entrepreneurs. CEO’s will field questions about networking, building a customer base, and any other questions students want to ask. This public event is a powerful event for students as well as the audience.
· YEA! INVESTOR PANEL - Students will present their businesses at Schuylkill County’s own shark tank-like event -- the YEA! Investor Panel. The students have 5 minutes to make their pitch for funding to a panel of investors in front of what is usually a standing room only crowd. Investors had their work cut out for them as they deliberate to determine which businesses will be funded. The awards are announced after a brief intermission.
· SAUNDERS SCHOLAR named! On the evening of the YEA! Investor Panel, Investor Judges named one high-potential student business to represent the Schuylkill Chamber of Commerce at the Saunders Scholar Semifinals at Rochester Institute of Technology in Rochester, NY.
· SESSION 3: THE LAUNCH -- Students use investor awards to develop and launch their businesses in preparation for the YEA! Trade Show held in May. The public is invited to stop by to learn about the student's business and to purchase products.
· GRADUATION DATE SET – The final event of the YEA! Schuylkill program is the Graduation Ceremonies held at Penn State Schuylkill Campus in mid-May. A commencement speaker addresses the students, government officials present certificates of achievement and the YEA! Schuylkill diplomas are presented.
Follow YEA! Schuylkill On Social Media
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter
to see some of the exciting YEA! Events
and the businesses launched
by YEA! Schuylkill students!
Local Champion Sponsor
West Family Charitable Trust
Tom & Pam Twardzik
Feedback and Testimonials
The YEA Program did so much for me and I'm not giving up easily. I honestly think I'm gonna make it. Thank you so much and if you need any help with the YEA Program this year, just let me know. I'll never be able to thank you and everyone else as much as I wish I could. I now realize that YEA was the best opportunity that I ever had in my life. Thank you so much. Jacob Palmer, Class of 2016.
"YEA! was a wonderful program that I highly recommend to any teen interested in business. For me the program was my introduction to the business world, and gave me skills that I will remember and use forever."
-Alex Albertini, PayDirt, Winner 2015 YEA! Schuylkill
"My son participated in the first YEA! Schuylkill class last year. This was an incredibly well organized program lead by highly motivated and dedicated people. It was great to see all the businesses that supported YEA! and the individuals who donated their time to advise and train the kids in this program."
-John Albertini, AIS Consulting
"To succeed as an entrepreneur, "the biggest thing is the mindset and the will to keep pushing through." Having completed the YEA! program, now I know that "I definitely want to own my own business."
-Darian Stripe, 2016 Saunders Scholar Winner